CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2017, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:44:05 +0000
From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Esteemed members of Cabin and Trail,

This Tuesday night during meetings (9 pm in Collis) we shall determine the Morals Committee Chair for this year! This is a long standing CnT tradition: you may have seen some pieces of wood lying around in the basement with these titles inscribed upon them. So what does WAYCN stand for and how are these chairs determined?

WAYCN stands for Wear All Your Clothes Night, which consists of a competition to test your moral fiber, with the winner becoming the new chair of a committee. It is an entertaining event that offers you an opportunity to show off your layering prowess, and important skill for outdoor winter activities.

WAYCN begins at the start of regular meetings and you must be on time to participate. Every time the giant mallet is banged upon the floor you must remove one article of clothing until you have decided that you have removed enough). Note: you may also come simply to observe, participation is by no means mandatory.

This position is for the most morally upstanding member of CnT, who is obviously the person wearing the most layers at WAYCN. Note: there is a fairly loose definition of "layer," but we will rule on this matter on a case by case basis. (a t-shirt counts as 1 layer but so does a sock. Believe it or not, a hair tie does not count as a layer). We suggest bringing a large duffel bag to throw your clothes in after taking them off. Morals Committee Chair responsibilities include maintaining the moral nature of CnT meetings, holding trials for any particularly egregious cases, and catching all "that's what she said" jokes. Most importantly you will possess the MORALs COMMITTEE sign and weekly bestow it upon members of our club who dare to say immoral things.

If you really want to hold this position, you should wear so many layers that you can no longer clap your hands together and you need someone to roll you into the meeting room because you can no longer walk. This takes dedication folks.

But what about IMMORALs chair? Is there such a thing? Where and how do I witness the contest for this dishonourable position?

The contest for the least morally upstanding member of CnT will occur AT THE FEED (Wednesday 7pm, 16 Sargent St) and involves the most interesting base-layer you can come up with.

We look forward to seeing you all! Layer-up!

Chairs

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html
Financial Aid - outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu<http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html>
outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu
The DOC and Outdoor Programs now have financial aid for almost all of their programs and offerings. Financial Aid for the Outdoor Experience. Outdoor Programs and the ...

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity over $10: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html