CABIN-TRAIL Archives

July 2014, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 23:10:20 +0000
To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you'd like to pay in cash.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.? Financial aid is available if the trip costs more than $10.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What:     the All DOC Feed!!
When:    approx. 7pm - as late as you want to stay
Why:      good food, cool people, awesome chance to meet the other subclubs, and it's a dinner for super cheap!
Leaders:  no leaders here, just some fabulous cooks, blitz me if you want to help out
Cost:     $4 unless you cook or clean
Blitz:     blitz [log in to unmask] if you're interested in cooking or cleaning!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY

What: Hiker Toure to Gile
When: 7AM-9AM (Back before 9L X Hours!)
Why: Take advantage of the warm weather and join us for an easy 1.4 mile round trip hike up Gile for some spectacular panoramic views from the Gile firetower. Enjoy breakfast at the top and be back before your friends have even woken up!
Cost: $3 for DOC members, $4 for non-members
Leaders: Fredrick Eriksson and Diane Qi

What: Afternoon Gile Hike
When: leaving campus at 4pm (after 2As), back by dinner (probably around 6pm!)
Why: There will be snacks. There will be fun. You don't have to get up early.
Cost: $3 for DOC members, $4 for non-members
Leaders: Spencer Chu and Julietta Gervase

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: MT. TECUMSEH HIKE!!!!
When: 9AM-4PM
Why: What could be a more perfect way to celebrate a day of no classes than to come on a gorgeous hike in the southern Whites Mountains? Mt. Tecumseh is a moderate hike (5mi. round-trip) located due east of Moosilauke in the scenic Sandwich Range. Fun fact: it is NH's smallest 4,000 footer at 4,003'!
Leaders: Shane Weisberg and Jimmy Ragan
Cost: $6 DOC Members, $12 Non-members
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mt. Kearsarge
When: 9AM-3PM
Why: It's a short, fun, pretty easy ~3 mile loop with great views and a bald summit. In other words, your ideal way to spend a Saturday. And we'll be back by mid-afternoon, so you'll have plenty of Saturday left to enjoy on campus as well!
Leaders: Anna Knowles and Renata Hegyi
Cost: $4 for DOC members, $7 for non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DASH number and dietary restrictions to SIGN UP!!?

also SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY, into SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Portage (or Where we Hike a Canoe Up Mt Washington)
When: Saturday 7pm to Sunday 7pm
Why: Because it's a thing to bring a canoe up Washington. Why? Because there's a lake at the top where we can paddle around. So why not? We'll spend saturday night at the lodge and then drive up to Washington at 6am on Saturday, canoe in tow. Then the best part: we hike up Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail with a canoe on our backs. We'll stop for a paddle in the pond by Lakes of the Clouds Hut and then take the canoe up to the summit where the wonderful Jesse Rieb will drive the canoe back down whilst we hike down. Snacks and meals provided. Moderate to difficult hiking.
Leaders: Rachel Margolese and Patrick Saylor
Cost: $8 DOC members, $15 non DOC members
Blitz [log in to unmask] to sign up!!?

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity over $10: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html