CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2014, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 03:32:24 +0000
To sign up for a?ny trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account) or saying you'd like to pay in cash. Please also send any dietary restrictions.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot.? Financial aid is available for DOC members if the trip costs more than $10. If you are not a DOC member, you can become one by visiting Robinson Hall 119 to sign up.??

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY
What: The Feed
When: 7 PM
Why: Come hang out and eat a homemade meal!
Cook: If you are interested in cooking the feed, blitz Nicholas Thyr '17!
Cost: FREE for 18s and cooks/cleaners, $4 everyone else

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
What: Build a fire pit at Oak Hill!
When: Friday afternoon, leaving at 4 and back by 7 pm at the latest
Why: We're creating a big clearing at Oak Hill where people can gather and hang out around a campfire! This will be a great resource for the DOC and all students for years to come.
Leaders: Hunter van Adelsberg
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/118W5V3niEPyrnKS-t3Y4ImixF5_eIm4MTjdYN9F_t38/edit#gid=0?

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
What: Trailwork at the Lodge!
When: Saturday 8am-9pm(ish) we won't work the whole time! We will drive up, work until 5 have dinner and then come back in time for the Rock Party
Why: It's a chance to get your trailwork requirement for anyone looking to ascend soon AND it's a chance to leave your mark in Dartmouth History! Also the Lodge is really cool and closing soon for the winter so it's one of the last weekends to get up there.
Leaders: Shane Weisberg and Sara Holston
Cost: free
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

also SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
What: Cannon Mountain
When: 9am-5pm
Why: The Old Man collapsed in 2003, but the Mountain still stands! Cannon Mt. is a sweet, fairly strenuous, 6 mile hike with great views from the top. Best way to spend your saturday!
Leaders: Adam Schneider and Renata Hegyi
Cost: DOC: $5, non-DOC: $10
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with DASH and dietary restrictions to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Penta Privy Trail work Trip
Why: Mount Cube has the best geometry of any mountain in the area and you can help us add to that with Penta Privy. We will haul some timber up the mountain to build a new pentagon privy base. Breaks will be frequent, the wood light, and the food copious.
When: 9am to 6pm (probably be back earlier)
Cost: This trip is completely free for everybody!
Blitz either Greg Partridge or Ben Nelson if you want to sign up

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

What: An UNBELIEVABLY Rad Overnight at Nunnemacher Cabin!
When: Leaving campus Monday night at 9 PM, back before 10As on Tuesday
Why: Chilling! Games! Dessert AND breakfast, the two most important meals of the day!! Sleeping! So many important activities... all in ONE cabin overnight, and all for YOU!
Cost: WOW ONLY $1 WOW
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H and dietary restrictions to sign up

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity over $10: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html