CABIN-TRAIL Archives

February 2019, Week 3

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2019 19:09:22 +0000
Do you like.....

WALKING DRAMATICALLY ALONG CLIFFS?

[3.jpg]

CROUCHING DRAMATICALLY ON CLIFFS?

[2.jpg]

OR EVEN PRETENDING TO FALL DRAMATICALLY OFF OF CLIFFS?

[4.jpg]

^Not actually a cliff.

^^Not actually a fall.

^^^Actually, however, a drama.

GET OUTSIDE WITH US THIS WEEK!

(Cliffs are dramatic)

Cabin and Trail leads lots and lots of hikes, cabin overnights, and assorted shenanigans even in the winter! And you can borrow any and all winter gear that you might need - from warm layers to zero degree sleeping bags to snowshoes - for FREE!!!! (Just ask!)

{ Your gear options include but are not limited to:

  *   hiking boots!

  *   puffy jackets!

  *   shell pants/rain pants!

  *   rain jackets/windbreakers!

  *   balaclavas!

  *   sleeping bags!

  *   snowshoes!

  *   cross country skis! }

If you'd like to get outside this weekend, sign up for any of the trips below by either completing the linked google form or blitzing the email provided with your dietary restrictions and shoe size!

As always, blitz the leaders with any and all questions!

This week, we've marked our especially beginner-friendly trips with !excessive! !exciting! !exclamation! !points!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY      What: !!!!Orienteering!!!!

When: 9 AM - 12 PM

Why: Learn how to use a compass!! Also, if you're a heeler, you need orienteering to ascend! Come — it'll be fun!

Level : 1

Leaders: Dev and Jacob

Cost: FREE!

Gear: Hiking boots, layers to stay warm for a casual winter walk through the woods, a liter of water

Blitz/link: Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (and be sure to mention any dietary restrictions) to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY      What: Hike Mt Moosilauke!

When: Saturday 8am-4pm

Why: Because we'll get spectacular views of the snowy whites, do a moderate (~8 mile) hike, and eat a yummy lunch and be back by 4!

Leaders: Maya Khanna and Dev Jhaveri

Cost: FREE

Gear: Warm hat, gloves, coat, pants, boots (you can borrow any and all from the DOC for free and we'll provide microspikes and overboots!)

Blitz/link: Sign up here!: https://goo.gl/forms/l0SlQWBXYa2Tpj5F2

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY    What: !Hike! !Holt's! !Ledge!

When: Sunday 8:30am-~12pm (we'll probably get back before 12!)

Why: Get outside and feel the cool air for approximately 2.2 miles! It'll be chill, you can chat if you want to, we'll have snacks. Meet some new people and touch holt's ledge.

Level : 2/5 2.2 miles at moderate pace w/ plenty of breaks if needed!

Leaders: Michelle Wang + Bella Jacoby

Cost: 000000000000000

Sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/88QL88J5hoLN8G9g1

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY    What: !Brunch! !at! !Shyrl's! !Diner!

When: 10am-12pm ish (negotiable)

Why: Because it's fun to get up early and go do an outdoors thing, but "percentage wise, it is 100% easier not to do things than to do them." Have a chill morning with CnT and do very, very little other than eat and chat at Shyrl's, a quaint little diner in West Leb that I've never been to before!

Level: 0

Leader: Katie McCabe

Cost: The ride is free, but we'll all be paying for our own food

Gear: An empty stomach

Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up or to get more information!