CABIN-TRAIL Archives

October 2018, Week 1

CABIN-TRAIL@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cabin and Trail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2018 16:29:53 +0000
GET OUTSIDE WITH CNT!!!

Happy week 4! Here are our trips for this week:

*Don't forget about FALL WEEKEND trips this upcoming weekend, offered through all DOC sub-clubs. Fall Weekend trips end at the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge for dinner (and have the option of spending the night!) Sign-ups for those trips are conducted on a separate google form- all of these trips listed below are just regular CnT adventures!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What:              Cardigan Sunsike!

When:                3:30 PM - 8 PM

Why:                 It's a SUNSIKE (hike to see the sunset) during NEAR-PEAK FOLIAGE. Mt Cardigan is a relatively short hike (4 miles round trip) but the payoff at the fire tower is huge! And, there will be delicious sunsike snacks!!

Level :             2

Leaders:         Jacob Chalif '21 and Will Dickerman '21

Cost:               DOC: $4, non-DOC: $6

Gear:               Hiking boots, a daypack, 2L of water, some layers in case its chilly at sunset at the peak

Blitz/link:        Send DASH and any dietary restrictions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Vermont trail running (hike out to the Vermont AT + run)!!!

When: Sunday, 8-12 (at the latest)

Why: Walking is slow.  Running is fast.  I like to see cool nature things but not spend 10 hours doing it.  Enough said.

Level: 3.5 (totally tailor-able (is this a word) to people's desires.

 We can go for as long or as fast as people can handle)

Leaders: Mary Joy & Abby Wiseman

Cost: FREE

Gear: daypack, running shoes, bring your own snacks

Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: The Great Vermont Corn Maze!!!

When: Oct. 7 --- 10 am – 3 pm

Why: At CnT, we pride ourselves in not getting lost. Well here’s your chance to turn the tables… at the largest corn maze in New England!

Level : 1-5 (Depends on how lost you get!)

Leaders: Christopher Cartwright and Alida Angafor

Cost: DOC: $1 // Non-DOC: $5 + $15 admission to maze

Gear: Water and NO MAP!

Blitz [log in to unmask] for a spot!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: APPLE PICKING!!! When: Sunday Sunday Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (if you are staying overnight at Moosilauke, have no fear! You can still come apple picking, just let us know when you sign up!) Why: Fall! Apples! Picking them! Honey crisps are in season, my friends! Level: 5/5 on the fun scale Leaders: Jacob Chalif and Sam Newman Cost: Depends on how many apples you pick! It is probably about $3 per pound. Bring cash if you can. Gear: Comfortable shoes, at least a liter of water, and check the weather! It should be pretty warm. Contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with your name and year to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Mt. Cube Hike + Trailwork When: Starts after Lodge Breakfast, Back to Campus by 5pm Why: Foliage! Friends! Free Food! FUN TRAILWORK/FLAGGING (and great opportunity for beginners to learn how to do trailwork)! Fiveish-minute meditation on top of the mountain (completely optional)! ~5 miles round trip. Level: 2.5 Leaders: Bryton Moeller, Madylin Partridge Cost: FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Gear: 2 liters of water, hiking boots or sturdy sneakers/tennis shoes Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> & [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Mount Isolation! When: 7am SUNDAY to 7pm SUNDAY Why: Spend your entire Sunday playing in the mountains. Beautiful views, great people, better food. And so much #teenangst bc this is Mount Isolation, after all. This is a tough hike though- 17 miles, so please have previous experience! Level : 4.5/5 (pretty long, but not a ton of elevation) Leaders: Anna Ellis '19 and Liza Gallandt '22 Cost: 8 dollars for DOC members and 12 dollars for non DOC members Gear: Everyone will need warm non cotton layers including a hat and gloves, 2 liters of water (2 nalegene bottles), a day pack, and hiking shoes/trail runners. Blitz/link: Please blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up. Please send your nine digit dash number, your full name, and any dietary restrictions.

SUNDAY

SUNDAY SUNDAY

What:              Moosilauke Bridge Building

When:                9 am - 5 pm

Why:                We'll be building some bridges on the AT near Moosilauke. There will be Chainsaws and good times.

If you are staying at the lodge the night before, we can pick you up from there Sunday Morning

Level :            1

Leaders:        Sean Madden and Alec Miller

Cost:               FREE!

Blitz/link:       Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What:         Mount  Madison and Adams!

When:               8am Saturday to 6pm Saturday

Why:            The Northern Prezis are some of the most famous mountains in all of NH.

Come for beautiful views, peaking foliage, spectacular rock scrambles, and a full day of adventure!

Level :             4/5 (please do not sign up w/o previous hiking experience)

Leaders:       Anna Ellis '19 and Dylan Davis '22

Cost:              8 dollars for DOC members and 12 dollars for non DOC members

Gear:              Everyone will need warm non cotton layers including a hat and gloves,

 2 liters of water (2 nalegene bottles), a day pack, and hiking shoes/trail runners.

Blitz/link:   Please blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up.

Please send your nine digit dash number, your full name, and any dietary restrictions.

^^no this is not a fall weekend trip but we will GO OUT TO EAT AT A FUN DINER <3

Please blitz us or the leaders with any questions.

xoxo

Anna + Dev