--- Forwarded Message from "Caroline Kreide" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 09:21:14 -0800
>From: "Caroline Kreide" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: quantitative enrollment guidelines for foreign language classes

Dear Members,

we are "blessed" with an administration that keeps increasing the number
of students packed into a single foreign language classroom (current
limit: 33) which at least for me makes it very difficult to teach.  I
know that some organization for English teachers pronounced some numbers
on the ideal size of the class, and I need to know if we have similar
statements from ACTFL or other authoritative bodies in the foreign
language arena on that issue.

Thank you.

Caroline Kreide
Merced College