Evaluating campus carbohydrate sources

hello friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! we know carbs are life for endurance athletes--here is an evaluation of some of our favorite DDS carb sources 🤩🤩

Foco bananas

  1. Portable and easy to steal for later

  2. Reliable → always @ foco

  3. Short shelf life

  4. Not good for eating while running/biking → bananas get weird and sweaty if you keep them in your pocket

DDS Cliff bars

  1. Crazy overpriced

CLIF BAR - Energy Bars - Cool Mint ...

Price at Novack $3.99

Price Online $1.85

  1. Good for eating on the go

  2. “Free at late night” – Ben ‘27 (not actually free but late night swipe is fake real money)

Foco cookie

  1. Yummy

  2. Messy → not portable and very likely to get chocolate on everything (don't recommend eating while on spin bike fellow gym-goers might look at you kinda funny)

Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe ...

Natures bakery bars

  1. Can buy at Novak and Hop for cheap(er than cliff bars)

  2. Portable → easy to bring on runs and do not melt

  3. “Glorified fig newton” –coach katie

Bakery Two Flavor Fig Bars Variety Pack ...

FOCO Sweet Potatoes

  1. Very reliable

  2. Goes with everything Sweet potato | Good Food

  3. Great source of complex carbs 👍👍

Soup Station Bread

  1. Feels bougie

  2. Is usually yummy at 6pm but kind of hard by 8

How to Keep your Bread Fresh for Much ...

Important Reminders/Weekly changes

  1. Track your attendance for this week HERE

  2. Check your attendance  this form (let me know if there are any issues with your practice totals and we can definitely get that straightened out

  3. Team dinner this week will be in the upstairs foco room instead of Paganucci (up the first flight of stairs directly on your right)

  4. Special team strength this thursday from 6:30-7:30 in MP 182 → physical therapist Neil will join us to go over some unweighted and weighted exercises.

  5. injury prevention continue to access our injury prevention resources and do your best to set aside time for warm-ups, cool-downs, strengthening and stretching. We will be incorporating more activation and cool down exercises into team run and bike practices! COME TO STRENGTH to learn more strengthening and mobility exercises that you can use on a daily basis

  6. Polar Bear is coming up in 2 weeks!!! More details about race planning and prepping to come, but there has never been a better time to take care of yourself! Sleep, fuel, stretch and recovery are all great priorities

Practice for this week

M: 3:45pm Run, 3:45pm Ride, 5:30pm Spin, 7:00pm Swim

Tu: 3:45 Ride, 5:30pm UVRC, 6:00pm Strength

W: 3:45pm Run, 3:45pm Ride, 5:30pm Spin, 7:00pm Team Dinner

Th: 8:00am Run, 6:00pm Strength, 8:30pm Swim

F: 3:45pm Run, 3:45pm Ride, 5:30pm Spin

Sa: 10:00am Spin, TBAam Ride

Su: TBAam Run, 4:30pm Yoga

Please reach out with any questions/comments/concerns!!

Have a great week! Enjoy some DDS carbs this week ;))

SBR,

Allison

To unsubscribe from the TRIATHLON list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=TRIATHLON