Hi everyone!!

Guess what!!

We have reached 27.6k in fundraising for the club sports challenge from 81 different donors!!

HOWEVER

The challenge is not over yet!

Help us reach our goal of 30k by Monday by sending our donation link to friends and family, or anyone else that might be inclined to donate.

In addition to the priceless memories and experiences Dartmouth Triathlon gives us, what is the monetary value of what we’ve gotten from this club?

We crunched the numbers and here’s a yearly breakdown per person:

If you are an…

You are getting a yearly value of…

Athlete attending 2-3 team races, nationals, and training trip

$3000+

Athlete attending 2 team races (not nationals & not training trip) and borrowing a bike and wetsuit

$1200

Athlete attending 1 team race and borrowing bike and wetsuit

$950

Athlete attending 1 team race without borrowing bike or wetsuit

$300

In theory, if you attended all of our team races, borrowed a bike from the team, and went on training trip, you are receiving a value of $3530 per year just by paying your $25-dues a term.

If you’re curious as to what goes into these costs, they include the following:

  • Race registration reimbursement(s)

  • Race lodging, transportation, and food

  • Team gear/apparel

  • Coaching → this only amounts to $100 per person PER YEAR. In reality, our coaches' time and knowledge is of much higher value than what we compensate them for. (For reference, my age group swim coaching was $300/MONTH)

  • Bike and wetsuit costs (both initial and maintenance)

  • Social events

We have 75 active members; this adds up to quite an enormous annual budget, and is hence why Club Sports Challenge is so important. This budget is primarily supported through our donors, and will not be possible to maintain without you!

Help us get to our goal or no fun races for you.

SBR,

Molly (& Sydney who did the number crunching and helped me write this email)

To unsubscribe from the TRIATHLON list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=TRIATHLON