Hello all,

We want to let you know that our Cabin and Trail meeting scheduled for
tonight (Monday, January 15) is canceled in observance of Martin Luther
King Jr. Day. We encourage you to take this time to reflect on the
significance of the holiday in your own way, whether that be an act of
service, talking with friends, reading an article, or privately reflecting.
Recognizing that Cabin and Trail, as well as the broader Dartmouth Outing
Club, are predominantly white spaces, both leaders and trip participants
play a role in exacerbating the prevailing whiteness. It is our shared
responsibility to foster more diverse and inclusive environments in our
spaces and beyond.

There will be a vigil in honor of MLK’s legacy at 6:00pm tonight in front
of Dartmouth Hall hosted by the NAACP Dartmouth College Chapter, and
Dartmouth is hosting several other events throughout the month of January
in honor of MLK (more information here: https://www.dartmouth.edu/mlk/).
Robo 14/15 is still reserved tonight from 7:30-8:30pm, so if you would like
to gather, feel free to use that space.

Best,

Evan and Kelby

24W Cabin and Trail Chairs

To unsubscribe from this listserv, please send [log in to unmask] a minimum 500-word essay on the importance of trailwork, detailing the use of water bars, drainage ditches, rock steps, etc. as well as the proper tools (rock bar, pick mattock, et al.) and their proper care and maintenance. Please include at least one (1) map from a minimum one (1) mile long section of trail maintained by C&T (from Ledyard Bridge in Hanover, NH to Rte. 112 in North Woodstock, NH, or any trail on Mt. Moosilauke), marking all notable trailwork features and noting any deficiencies.

(Or go to listserv.dartmouth.edu and unsubscribe yourself from this list in 'subscriber's corner')