Hey!

Glad to see people out and riding this term! We are really happy to have so many enthusiastic people in the club.

We wanted to outline the process to become a leader in the DMBC.
Please fill out this form if you are interested: https://forms.gle/18iAzXj6CKyY67YD6

While you are filling out the requirements below, you will be considered a leader-in-training. The current DMBC leaders will work with you to complete everything you need!

Leadership Requirements:
  1. First Aid Certification - this can be basic first aid, WFA, WFR, OEC or anything more advanced. A basic first aid certification is enough. You do not need a WFA or above unless you want to lead break trips. The DOC usually offers subsidized courses for first aid every term. If there are any opportunities through the DOC this term we will send it out. There also may be online courses out there.
  2. CPR Certification - this course is also usually offered through the DOC together with first aid. We will let you know if there is a course through the school this term.
  3. Risk Management & Group Dynamics - these are an hour and a half long courses through the DOC that are mandatory for every sub club. They are offered every term. Unfortunately both sessions have already passed, but we will let you know if any more come up.
  4. Mechanic Workshop - usually we host a basic workshop to learn how to fix basic bike mechanic problems. Dartmouth Bikes also offers a mechanics course every winter. We are not sure what this will look like this term, so we will keep you updated.
  5. Trail Work - we run trail work trips in the fall and spring. This term is obviously a lot different, so updates to come. Trail work is super important for the mountain biking community, so we want our leaders to be involved.
  6. Two Co-Leads - you will organize and co-lead a trip with an existing leader in the club. You have to do two of these. The point of this is to learn how to run a trip.
Once you let us know that you are interested in being a leader in the form above, we will help you figure out all of the requirements. This process may have some adjustments for COVID which we can work out together. We are really excited about having some new leaders in the club!

Leaders are expected to lead at least one group ride per term they are on campus (only for fall and spring). As a leader, you will have an edge for getting onto break trips, access to the mountain bikes, and the ability to lead trips whenever and wherever you want!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
DMBC Leaders

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html