DUE: Wednesday, January 29th, 2020 at 11:59pm
​[cid:879d6ff3-bfbe-49b9-9672-ebd03149f297]
WHAT: ​
Come surf with us in Portugal this Spring break! It’ll be an amazing time to see the perfect Portugal beaches, eat some great tacos and shred some gnar with dope people. You will build valuable surfing and leadership skills, while experiencing group dynamics of outdoor trips with a small group of Dartmouth surfers in one of the most beautiful surfing destinations in the world. ​
​
WHERE: ​
Parque Orbitur Guincho (30 min south east of Lisbon) & Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina (2.5 hours south of Lisbon)​
​[cid:37898c5c-0e4c-4ebd-879a-0ecd75e33d28]

WHEN: ​
Friday, March 20th- Saturday, March 28th, 2020. ​
​
COST: $160 plus airfare to Portugal (Financial aid includes flights)​
Roundtrip plane ticket from NY or Boston are roughly $500-700.​
​
FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE FOR FLIGHTS AND TRIP! https://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html If cost is prohibitive then there is the possibility to work something out with Kathy in OPO, so definitely apply and then we'll send out more information regarding cost. ​
[cid:055a425c-7645-47ed-981e-22eaf0d474a6]
​
Requirements: ​
We encourage beginners to apply however this trip is intended for intermediate to advanced surfers who will be given first priority. There will be some bigger breaks out there, so we’re looking for people who have had experience surfing. If we do take beginners there is no guarantee of surf everyday in particularly dangerous breaks.​
You are qualified if: ​
You can stand on a wave consistently​
You feel confident paddling out past the break​
You feel relatively comfortable turning down a wave​
 ​
Outside of technical skills, Portugal can still be a demanding trip! We are looking for people to be flexible and ready for adventure! Because of the nature of surfing, you will be largely responsible for your own safety and play a part in keeping everyone safe. We will be staying in modest accommodations (tents), cooking our own food, and taking one-two vans. There WILL be surprises. You might get exhausted and take a day off the water. There might be sharks. You’ll probably see a seal. The conditions might be unsafe and we might spend all day huddled in a tent looking into each others eyes -- or driving to one of the many state parks and natural wonders in Portugal.​
​
WHO SHOULD COME?: ​
Anyone seeking to: ​
​
- Improve their surfing skills​
- Become a better surfing leader​
- Become a better leader in the journey of life​
- Gain outdoor group dynamics experience​
-- Swallow more ocean water than you’ve ever swallowed​
- Swim with dolphins ( if you go out early enough)​
- Get pitted​
- Smack the lip whapaaaaa so pitted​
- Have an UNFORGETTABLE adventure with some of your (soon to be) closest friends ​
- Or hate 8 new people on this already tiny campus​
- Oh, and spend 8 days just surfing beautiful breaks and chilling with cool people

Email me at [log in to unmask]