Come learn about offsetting for trips like Sedona, Kingdom Trails, and more!

From: DOC Environmental Studies
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:17 PM
To: DOC ALL
Subject: THIS TERM: A Greener DOC

The DOC does some pretty awesome things in the out-of-doors...

We hike to beautiful places...

We climb to impressive heights...

We paddle incredible rivers...

And

SO

MUCH

MORE.

But none of this would be possible without one very important component–the out-of-doors!

As a club, we are completely dependent on the natural world to be able to do all the extraordinary things we're privileged to do. We interact with the outdoors all the time. But, we often have to drive or fly long distances to get to the places we want to explore, which can have devastating effects on the environment (cough, carbon emissions). This is certainly not an easy problem to begin to address, but we think it's long overdue that the DOC refocus itself on environmental stewardship and awareness. Join the Environmental Stewardship Division of the DOC this term as we come together to learn about and discuss what it would take to make a greener DOC.

We're hosting a four-part event series on Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30PM in Robo Lobby during Weeks 2-5 (April 2 - 23). We'll discuss these topics and more, and there will be food!!! Everyone is welcome, regardless of involvement in the DOC and previous engagement with issues of sustainability or environmentalism. We want YOU to be involved! Our series will be interactive and will include guest speakers, and we'll be talking about things like

the DOC's total emissions,

sense of place,

reductions/offsets,

and the road to carbon neutrality.

There will be time at each event to answer questions and voice your thoughts. While it's absolutely not mandatory to come to every event, you'll get the most out of it if you can make all four!

TL;DR Participate in making a greener DOC, Tuesdays 5:30-6:30PM Weeks 2-5 in Robo Lobby, THERE WILL BE FOOD

See ya next Tuesday,

The ESD

*All images obtained through the DOC Smugmug