Yes, the mourning doves here ​seem to find goodness in the wood ashes which we spread on the paths to woodpile and bird feeder.

Maybe also the turkeys which have recently been appearing on the place.  Actually, they seem so excited by almost everything - corn, sunflower seed, tiny crabapples - can't be sure if the ashes are just accidental.