Four or five days ago a lone Snow Goose appeared on Post Pond in Lyme. It hangs out at the northern end, by Little Post Pond....   the next day, it was there again, but this time appeared to be stressed- wild feathers on the head, and blood on it's neck.  The next day a bald eagle was swooping repeatedly over it, very close, and the goose was diving to escape.....   it was not present for the next day, but, today it appeared in a corn field on the left between Post Pond Lane and Clay Brook (morning, a short distance form Post Pond).... this evening, or late afternoon at dusk, it was still there, in pretty much the same place.  So I worry if it will survive the night, and wonder if intervention is warrented by someone more skilled than I....
    John Quimby,
    Lyme

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]