Just last week chickadees and titmice have returned to the sunflower feeders and downy woodpeckers to the suet. Lots of juncos in the yard last week.

I filled my feeders in early September and I will finally refill them later this week.

There's lots and lots of food in the woods: seeds, nuts, berries, and so forth. In forty plus years in the UV I had never gone from early September to mid-November without having refill the feeders.