Hi Folks!

Welcome to your FIRST MedAPP 2018 listserv message! Throughout the year, we will communicate with you about important information about the application process to medical school!  Please open these emails to ensure you have the information you need. Also, check your Clutter and Junk email every now and then so you can be sure to stay informed!!

Keep an eye out for announcements about upcoming workshops, soon!

We will be with you throughout this process, whatever your timeline is.

Warmly,

Sarah, Annette, Valerie, and Dr. Zegans

MCAT!

For those you planning to take an MCAT in the upcoming year, the 2018 MCAT calendar and testing locations are now available online.

Registration for the first half of the 2018 testing year (January – June) will open late October-we will announce the date in the coming weeks, as we are told. You can follow the AAMC/MCAT information on Twitter @AAMC_MCAT for regular updates and announcements!

Here are few things to keep in mind as you plan ahead!

1.       TESTING SITES: Planning will be required for travel to your testing sites, and may require leaving the day before in order to be at the site on time on test day. Testing locations

2.       PREPARATION: Make sure to create a plan appropriate to you. There is CRUCIAL information on the MCAT WEBSITE about MCAT content, preparation materials, and more.

3.       FINANCING THE MCAT: There is a Financial Assistance Program (FAP)  to help defray the cost of the MCAT. It is IMPORTANT TO NOTE: You must apply for and be approved for the FAP, before you sign up/pay for the MCAT. It is NOT retroactive.   The good news is, if you qualify for the FAP for the MCAT you also receive it for the AMCAS application (within a certain timeframe).

To unsubscribe from the MEDSCHOOLAPP2018-19 list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=MEDSCHOOLAPP2018-19