UV-Birders:

To resolve a problem for users with gmail.com addresses not receiving any confirmation that their submission has been posted, I have turned on the Acknowledgement message setting for all subscribers to the UV-Birders list.

All users should now get a brief "ACK" or acknowledgement message indicating that their e-mail has been posted to the list.

Users who do NOT have a gmail.com address will also continue to receive a copy of their post, as before.

Users who DO have a gmail.com address will still NOT receive a copy of their post, due to the way gmail hides messages with the same internal "Message ID" rather than displaying them.  But now they will receive the "ACK" message to confirm that their submission was posted.

Let me know if you experience any problems with this new behavior.

Bill Schults

Co-list-owner, [log in to unmask]

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]