Thanks , David!
I actually had one  today, but up the road also  in southStrafford my friend has a female and babies. I don't think I've ever seen a baby hummer. Linka

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 9:08 AM david merker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We had some hummingbirds yesterday, usually the 9th is departure day... with one or two sightings later in the month. Other migrants, I suspect.

David Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.
www.capemayraptors.org

From: Upper Valley Birders <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Susan C. Jorgensen <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:49 AM

To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [UVB] Hummers!

Same here (Norwich - Gile Mt. area).  They're feeding heavily, and are mostly females with occasional males.  Their feeding behavior and preferences make me suspect they're travelers from further north.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a correlation between low pressure systems and their feeding behavior.  This summer it seemed that when the pressure dropped, they'd really tank up.