I tried fishing with my son by canoe at the confluence of the Waits and
Connecticut Rivers this afternoon. Immediately after leaving the boat
launch area, he said "Hey, what kind of bird is THAT?". In a tree right
above my head was an adult Black-crowned Night Heron! I managed a
reasonable documentation photo with my phone, which I will include in my
eBird report later, having trouble right now with the internet, Flickr and
eBird. The bird was climbing around in the branches above the river on the
left about 100 feet from the boat launch near the golf course. A bit
farther downstream we had 4 Green Herons, but no luck fishing or locating
the Least Bittern that I finally saw (briefly) in the cat-tails of the
backwater area below Depot Road on Sunday morning.

--
*The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from
Lebanon School District employees regarding the business of the School

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]