Website:  http://www.ncuraregioni.org                                  Facebook: http://on.fb.me/ncuraregion1

E-Blast

August 29, 2017

Exciting Educational Opportunities in Region I

Fall Workshops

Registration is live for 2017 Fall Workshops

The workshops will be held on the campus of Emmanuel College, conveniently located near the Longwood Medical Campus and the Fenway area of Boston.

Wednesday, September 13

Advanced Topics in Research Administration: Beyond the Basics

(Faculty: Pat Fitzgerald, Ross Hickey, Denise Moody)

The purpose of this workshop is to provide participants with in-depth guidance on financial audit and compliance risk areas, research compliance, and other institutional high-risk areas relating to research administration. Each of the topics will be explored through a combination of lecture, case study analysis, and review of regulatory changes and/or recent events. Attendees are highly encouraged to participate and share their own experiences in order to facilitate interaction and learning. Specific topics include high-risk financial compliance topics, subrecipient monitoring, conflict of interest, international collaboration / export controls, and IRB/IACUC/IBC.

Who Should Attend: This workshop is designed for more experienced research administrators at an intermediate or advanced level.

Wednesday, October 18

Essentials of Sponsored Research Administration

(Faculty: Karen Woodward Massey, Susan Zipkin, Danforth Nicholas, Heather Dominey)

The Essentials of Sponsored Research Administration workshop provides participants with a broad overview of the various aspects involved in sponsored projects administration, including coordination and review of proposals and proposed budgets, negotiation and acceptance of awards, financial and administrative management, closeout and audit, as well as the relevant compliance issues.

Who Should Attend: Newcomers involved in research administration at colleges, universities, or teaching hospitals or individuals looking for a broader understanding of the field.

Please contact [log in to unmask]

with any questions.

See what's happening on our social sites

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View our profile on LinkedIn

NCURA, 1015 18th Street NW, Suite 901, Washington, DC 20036

Sent by [log in to unmask] in collaboration with

Jill Mortali

Director, Office of Sponsored Projects

Dartmouth College

11 Rope Ferry Road

Hanover NH 0375

603-646-0678

Setting up a time for our next Advisory Board call in September.   Also, please distribute the announcement about the workshops.  Send your newest team members!

Share your Doodle poll

Share this link with everyone you want to invite so they can give their availability.

https://beta.doodle.com/poll/v5n542wba5stazpg

Share your Doodle poll

Share

Fall 2017 Workshops - Registration

Please help us to get the word out about our upcoming workshops.   We will be reaching out to you ask you to distribute information and provide ideas on how we can reach non-members or others that might be interested.

Location: Emmanuel College
400 Fenway, Boston, MA 02115

Advanced Topics in Research Administration: Beyond the Basics

Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Essentials of Sponsored Research Administration

Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017

 Clinical Trials Workshop

Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Please see more information, including links to register, here:

http://ncuraregioni.org/workshops.html

Join NCURA Region I Run Club!

In support of the Progeria Research Foundation we have created the NCURA Region I Run Club.  We will be participating in the 16th Annual International Race for Research to benefit the Progeria Research Foundation.
The 5k run/walk will be held Saturday September 9, 2017 at 9am at Leather City Commons, Peabody, MA.  This is a family friendly event and welcomes walkers!
More information can be found at:

http://www.prfroadrace.org/

If you are interested in participating please email Denise Rouleau at [log in to unmask] for more information on the Region’s participation at this event.

Picture

This message is intended for the use of the person(s) to whom it may be addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, copying, or use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please permanently delete it and immediately notify the sender. Thank you.

To unsubscribe from the ROUNDTABLE list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ROUNDTABLE