I have recorded Merlins so far this year in Lebanon, Hanover, Orford and North Haverhill. A dime a dozen lately!  Jeff

On Tuesday, May 2, 2017, Mark Council <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I have a pair of courting merlins in a stand of tall white pines on the ridge behind my place just north of Fairlee. I witnessed all sorts of antics on Sunday afternoon.
I understand there's a pair across the river in Orford. In recent years there has been a nesting pair adjacent to the golf course on Lake Morey. I haven't found the time to see if they're on territory this year yet, but if they are, it would be a stellar year in my immediate area for them. Wondering if they can share territory with sharp-shins. Anybody know?
--
It's not by chance that the dark center of human eye, the pupil, is actually an empty hole through which the world becomes known to us. Likewise, in a spiritual sense, the I is the empty center through which we see everything. It's revealing that such a threshold is called the pupil, for it is only when we are emptied of all noise and dreams of ego that we become truly teachable. -Mark Nepo

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]edu Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]dartmouth.edu To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]edu UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]');" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]edu CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]

The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from Lebanon School District employees regarding the business of the School District, are government records available to the public upon request.  Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.  This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any review, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]