Hi Bill,

Glad you saw the Sandhill Crane, having heard it I couldn't see it for looking.  Orange County first for me too.

John S.

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Ventured off to Bradford VT to walk the tracks this am.  Great spot to bird, as you are at “tree top” height, and there is water, marsh etc about.

As I stepped onto the tracks, I heard an odd sound, I wrote it off to some froggy/ amphibian sound. And continued my stroll.  Rather chilly and quiet.  May be good day for BGGN, and there they were.

A pair of Blue Gray Gnatcatchers….big as life.  Busy and not very vocal.     As I was about to leave the tracks for my car I heard I rich musical song:  BAOR   (Balt. Oriole)

 then I heard my “frog” again….this time I knew I weren’t no frog.  And I’d better go find it.

I wandered out into the nearby corn field and lo-and-behold there was a SaCr as big as life.  This is a bird I have seen in FL, UT and AK…..very distinct “bugley” sound.  Not a bird you are going to miss:  Sandhill Crane.

Campbell Flats had 6 Solitary Sandpipers and 1  Lesser Yellowlegs in the wet grass.

Oh, (cool) happy day…May-day.

BiSh

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask]edu Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask]dartmouth.edu To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]edu UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]edu CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]

Regards,

John

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]