While out monitoring the conservation easements on Wright's Mountain and
vicinity, i did a little incidental birding. The south side of the mountain
was far more active than the north side. I am guessing this was due to the
fact that all the snow has melted on the south side, while there is still a
foot of snow on the north side.
Along my 6 mile ramble I saw or heard:
3 turkeys
3 ruffed grouse
2 hermit thrush
1 brown creeper
1 northern flicker
Numerous chickadees, nuthatches, and juncos, and turkey vultures
Near to Devil's Den, there were two ravens circling and calling. There is a
nest very close to the actual "Devil's Den" on the cliff face above.

Not birding- related, but that mountain has a significant population of
porcupines! I saw two on my walk, and evidence in the form of chewed
hardwood trees and denuded hemlock trees along my entire route!

--

*Jason Berard*
* Stewardship Director*

*Upper Valley Land Trust 603-643-6626 x 104 19 Buck Road, Hanover NH 03755*

*Learn more about UVLT and our programs at **www.uvlt.org*
<http://www.uvlt.org/>

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]