To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;3f89b7b9.1703p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

DCAL Future Faculty Teaching Series - sign-up now, starts April 5

DCAL Future Faculty Teaching Series - sign-up now, starts April 5

Are you considering an academic career that will include teaching? In this 5-part (6 session) workshop seriesseries, graduate students and postdocs will be introduced to educational literature, basic elements of course design, and different instructional methods. Participants will also have a chance to practice teaching and to evaluate teaching by others. Participants are expected to attend all sessions and do work between sessions.
***Registration required*** http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/3160622

Wednesday, April 5, 12-2pm - Part 1 - Principles of Learning
Wednesday, April 12, 12-2pm - Part 2 - Lesson Design
Wednesday, April 19, 12-2pm - Part 3 - Collaborative Learning Techniques (you teach in small groups)
Wednesday, April 26, 12-2pm - Part 4 - Critical moments and diversity
Wednesday, May 3, 12-3pm - Part 5 - Microteaching (you each teach individually)
Wednesday, May 10, 12-3pm - Part 5 continued - Microteaching (you each teach individually)
(The last part takes more than 2 hours per session, so we will take longer on May 3 & 10)

Cynthia E. Tobery
Associate Director
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
102 Baker-Berry Library, HB 6247
Hanover, NH 03755
603-646-9750
website: http://dcal.dartmouth.edu/

Resume Workshop

Get ready for the Employer Fair on April 4th!

Learn the magic of converting your academic research experiences into skill sets that employers understand and value! Please bring a paper copy of your resume if you have one.

Location: 37 Dewey Field Road, Suite 437

Feel free to bring your own lunch.