This morning I stopped by Lake Runnemede in Windsor, VT with little expectations because of a poor bird turnout this past Friday. Fortunately, things were much more productive today with a nice turnout of 28 species. The most notable were four BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS that flew overhead with three Cedar Waxwings. Though only a brief look, it was a good comparison of the two species. All the birds moved on to the north and never stopped in the park.

When leaving town I noticed a bird perched on a power line tower on the edge of the Connecticut River just south of Bridge Street. It turned out to be an adult PEREGRINE FALCON, my first of the new year.
https://flic.kr/p/Rcyovq

The final bird of notoriety came in Charlestown, NH near the water treatment plant. Along the overgrown edges of a small pond in the cornfields south of the treatment plant I accidentally flushed up a male RING-NECKED PHEASANT. The bird gave me good views but no photo opportunity.

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee, NH

Sent from my iPhone

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]