Our bird numbers are definitely down here in Grantham.  Pressure on our feeders has eased.

Garth Rand

On 1/12/17 7:34 PM, Michael Choukas Jr. wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Connie,

There has been no diminution of numbers or species at my feeders in residential Hanover.

Mike

From: Upper Valley Birders <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Connie Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:32:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [UVB] Where have all the birdies gone?

​After rejoicing just 8 days ago over 4, occasionally 5, Cardinals hanging around the place along with a plethora of other familiar local birds, suddenly, with the exception of an occasional junco or chickadee, and a pair of blue jays, they've all disappeared.  The feeders  remain almost full even after I emptied and refilled them in case seed was stale.  I'm thinking the change probably occurred around the time of the ice and deep cold.  Is this a common occurrence?  How would we know if the storm wiped them out?  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Connie Snyder

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]

Garth Rand
40 Barn Owl Overlook (Overcliff)
P.O. Box 181
Grantham, NH  03753-0181