​For about a month now, in addition to the usual jays, nuthatches - both
red and white-breasted, titmice, chickadees and goldfinches, we've had two
Cardinal couples hanging out in the lilac bush not far from a second-story
black oil sunflower feeder -- even occasionally scrunching onto the small
platform we added to the feeder, as well as foraging beneath it.

And I really do mean "hanging out".  They sit there together for an hour or
more at a time, one or another of them dropping to the ground beneath the
bush (where I've been scattering additional seed to help them feel
welcome), mostly just sitting around in their brilliant outfits.

This is remarkable to us because in the past we've only had
once-in-a-great-while visits from a pair that resides closer to Godfrey
Road.

Of course, I've been thrilled to have them and hope at least one
pair sticks around for birdsong season.

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]