From: Michael Li [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 11:47 AM
To: Monica Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Spring Data Science Fellowship Opportunity - R1

Hi,

I would be extremely grateful if you could forward this opportunity on to interested masters, PhDs, and postdocs or post it onto your announcement board.

Program: The Data Incubator is an intensive 8 week fellowship that prepares masters students, PhDs, and postdocs in STEM and social science fields seeking industry careers as data scientists. The program is free for Fellows and supported by sponsorships from hundreds of employers across multiple industries. In response to the overwhelming interest in our earlier sessions, we will be holding another fellowship.

Who Should Apply: Anyone who has already obtained a masters or PhD degree or who is within one year of graduating with a masters or PhD is welcome to apply. Applications from international students are welcome. Everyone else is encouraged to sign-up for a future session.

Locations: In addition to the below in-person locations, we will have a remote online session:

New York City
San Francisco Bay Area
Seattle
Boston
Washington, DC.
Dates: All sections will be from 2017-03-27 to 2017-05-19.

Application Link: https://www.thedataincubator.com/fellowship.html#apply?ref=wbW9uaWNhLndpbHNvbkBkYXJ0bW91dGguZWR1

Data Science in 30 minutes: Learn how to build a data-science project in our upcoming free Data Science in 30-minutes webcast. Signup soon as space is limited.

Learn More: You can learn about our fellows at The New York Times, LinkedIn, Amazon, Capital One, or Palantir. To read about our latest fellow alumni, check out our blog. To learn more about The Data Incubator, check us out on Venture Beat, The Next Web, or Harvard Business Review.

Sincerely,
Michael
Postdoc, Cornell

STEPS January Lunch Speaker

STEPS January Lunch Speaker
Tuesday Feb 10th at 1pm in Haldeman 125
STEPS will have their regular lunch series hosting Heather Drinan from Dartmouth's Provost Office. She is responsible for the College's Government and Community Relations. She also serves on the College's Science Strategy Committee. This is an area of science policy that is new to STEPS, so come learn what it is all about! As always, STEPS will be providing lunch to those who RSVP via facebook or to [log in to unmask] https://www.facebook.com/events/1295209663869215

STEPS White Paper Competition Info Session

STEPS White Paper Competition Info Session
Wens Feb 11th at 6pm in Haldeman 125
STEPS is kicking off the 3rd Annual White Paper Competition with an Info Session on Wens the 11th. Attendance is not required, but will likely improve your chances of winning significantly. You may also find a teammate at the session. There is a $250 prize for the best 3-5 page paper on a science-related issue and a potential solution. Light snacks will be provided at the info session. The abstract/intent to submit will be due Jan 25th at 11pm. Please RSVP by Facebook or to [log in to unmask] https://www.facebook.com/events/269641026785484/

STEPS excursion to the AAAS Annual Meeting

STEPS excursion to the AAAS Annual Meeting
STEPS will be sending a delegation to the AAAS annual meeting in BOSTON, MA on February 17-19th. The RSVP DEADLINE IS JAN 20th! On a first-come basis and space is limited! This is the largest science policy conference in the world and a wonderful networking opportunity. STEPS is planning on covering transportation to Boston, an AirBNB, and conference registration. Meals, alcohol, and inner-city transportation will be at your own expense. Please RSVP by Facebook or to [log in to unmask]

Google Tech Interview Prep

Google Technical Interview Workshop

Google Technical Interview Workshop:
January 25, 2017 6:00pm-8:00pm, Spanos

Come enjoy some pizza and learn from Google engineers about the Google technical interview process!

Sponsored by Google and Thayer School Career Services and the Center for Professional Development

RSVP for this event (required): https://goo.gl/kfVCzd