Today, I achieved  my VT side of the river 2016 goal of recording100+ Windsor county eBird submissions.

I began at Kendall Station Road, then, after visiting "Pompy" Flats and Campbell Flats, worked my way south to Wilder Dam, Kilowatt South and Lyman Point in WRJ.

The day's total was predictably light, mostly jays, crows and chickadees. Best bird was a northern mockingbird at Kilowatt South, likely the one that has been around all season. It was where I thought it would be, in the sumac adjacent to the storage shed. It obliged me by sitting up in "the catbird seat" atop the sumac and then moving back and forth between there and the vegetation alongside the boat launch access road. Very good views.

Hard to believe this year is ending and shortly we'll be gearing up for NH Audubon's bald eagle count; off and running to spring migration.

Best wishes and "good birding" to all of you,

Blake

Lyme, NH 03768-3322

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]