Hello birders,

2017 marks the 14 year anniversary of Vermont eBird, the first state portal for eBird. The bird checklists that you have shared have helped make Vermont eBird the largest citizen science biodiversity project in the state and around the world. Nearly 2,000 Vermont eBirders have submitted 218,869 complete checklists, representing all 385 species of birds ever reported from Vermont. We’ve added nearly 11,000 images and over 500 sound recordings to Vermont checklists.
​In 2016, Vermont eBirders added 463,574 (and counting) bird records to Vermont eBird - nearly a half-million records in just one year!

And we join the more than 1/3 million eBirders worldwide that have submitted 370 million bird sightings, representing 10,313 species from every country in the world!

We are continually humbled by the amazing power and passion of the birding community, and have nothing but excitement as we look to the future of what we can do together. As we compile this list of eBird’s achievements in 2016, we are reminded that these are all truly your achievements. It is your contributions that power this knowledge engine. Every time you go out and keep a list of birds you see, you’re making a real contribution to our understanding of the world’s ever-changing avian biodiversity.
Read more and see what is in store for 2017:

Make your 2017 New Year's resolution to eBird even more!​

Best,
Kent​

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x201

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]