Hi,

we've had Smarttech smartboards in our language centre for more than 10 years; we now have 12 Smartboards, one or two in every seminar room. I would always go for ones that have short-distance projectors included, rather than ceiling mounted ones that are separately installed. Also, newer generation Smartboards with LED touch screens are not that expensive any more (which means no projector).

Smarttech has recently come up with some interesting software such as Kapp IQ for collaboration, plus the current Notebook software version has some great features.

There are also mobile versions available that you can move around from room to room; friends from other labs tell me they need to be recalibrated quite often....

Best wishes,

Klaus

Dr. Klaus Schwienhorst
Geschäftsführender Leiter/ Director
Zentrale Einrichtung Fachsprachenzentrum
Leibniz Universität
Welfengarten 1
30167 Hannover
Tel. +49-511-762-5716