Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - ROUNDTABLE Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Dear Researcher,

This is to remind you of the launch of our new Conflict of Interest (COI) Disclosure System in Rapport.   Please review the new procedures below.

·         The new system will be live on 9/7/16 and available for use by anyone with a Dartmouth login.

·         What am I required to disclose?

o   After September, all researchers at Dartmouth will be required to submit an annual disclosure related to their institutional responsibilities.  An update within 30 days is required if a new Significant Financial Interest is acquired.

o   RAPPORT Grants:  Project specific disclosure requirement for OSP will be eliminated.

o   RAPPORT IRB: Key personnel conducting human subject research administered through the CPHS will continue to respond to a question asking about significant financial interests related to a specific study within IRB Rapport. If the response is "yes" and the individual has no Annual COI Disclosure in the system, a message with a link to complete an annual COI disclosure in COI Rapport will be triggered.

o   Annual disclosures filed in the old COI system will be active until expiration and dates will be available for review in Rapport COI and Grants.

·         Training and Communication

o   Please pay attention to emails and Rapport automated notices which are designed to prompt you to take action to assure timely processing of your protocols or proposals.

o   OSP staff and department grant managers will receive training at upcoming meetings.

o   The new system is easy to use and  has incorporated faculty feedback.  We do not anticipate that additional training for faculty will be required. However, we welcome any further feedback.

·         When will I be prompted to disclose?

o   Individuals that have an active annual on file in old system** will be prompted to do a new disclosure when it expires in the future.

o   Individuals that have NOT done an annual previously and have active funding will be prompted by email to do an annual in September 2016.

o   Individuals that don't have an annual or active funding now but propose a project in the future will also be prompted to do an annual at the time of proposal.

o   Please note that OSP and CPHS will continue to check for active annual disclosures and training.   Lapses in disclosures may result in delays in processing your important proposals and protocols.  Your attention to reminders is appreciated.

Reminder:

PHS funded researchers are required to update COI training every four years.   If you were trained more than 4 years ago, please go to CITI and take the refresher course.

** Note:  Dates of last approved annual disclosure made in old system will appear in the new system.  However, previously disclosed detailed information specific financial interests will not appear in the new system.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about the new process.

Henrike Frowein, LL.M

Research Compliance Officer

Office of the Vice Provost for Research

Dartmouth College