We are pleased to announce that the new Rapport COI system is live.   As has been discussed at previous OSP Roundtables, the system moves us towards a more streamlined, consistent process.  Researchers involved in proposals or awards will no longer be required to submit project specific disclosures.  They will be required to complete an annual disclosure and provide updates if they receive a new financial interest.

There will be system generated reminders for researchers.   Your role, if they ask you, is to encourage them to read the notice and, if asked, login and do the disclosure.

Please note that use of the Dartmouth VPN is required if you are accessing COI from off campus.   http://tech.dartmouth.edu/its/services-support/help-yourself/knowledge-base/vpn-service-overview

tech.dartmouth.edu
Details Description. Dartmouth’s VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a service that makes secure remote access to the Dartmouth network possible by using a point-to ...

For your role as a grant manager, you will no longer need to check project specific or annual disclosures within the COI system itself.   The grants module has new functionality that will allow a view into the COI system for purposes of checking the annual COI status.

While researchers with annual disclosures on file in the old system within the last year are still in compliance, the system is ready and available to be used by anyone.

Please let us know if you have questions.  We will review the system again at the Roundtable in October.    In the mean time, no need to worry since we will be allowing folks time to get acclimated to the new process.     It is our hope that the new system will lighten your load during busy proposal deadlines.

Thanks.

Jill Mortali
Director, Office of Sponsored Projects
Dartmouth College
11 Rope Ferry Road
Hanover NH 0375
603-646-0678

To unsubscribe from the ROUNDTABLE list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ROUNDTABLE