Just after 5 this evening between the Thetford and Fairlee exits of I-91 I saw approximately 30 common nighthawks flying erratically in big southward moving arcs. (And you thought texting while driving is dangerous...)
I live right in the valley, and several years ago witnessed a nighthawk migration that was better than going to church. This one almost matched it.
Mark Council
Fairlee VT

--
It's not by chance that the dark center of human eye, the pupil, is actually an empty hole through which the world becomes known to us. Likewise, in a spiritual sense, the I is the empty center through which we see everything. It's revealing that such a threshold is called the pupil, for it is only when we are emptied of all noise and dreams of ego that we become truly teachable. -Mark Nepo

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]