To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;23e05ff.1608p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

DCAL Teaching Statement Workshop - 2 parts | Meet the International Graduate Student Advisor at Dartmouth | First Generation Graduate Students' Lunch | Info about on-campus recruiting | GRAD Student Communications Coordinator | Subscription Details
DCAL Teaching Statement Workshop - 2 parts

DCAL Teaching Statement Workshop - 2 parts
Mondays August 15 & 22, noon-1:30pm
DCAL, 102 Baker Library

What is your teaching philosophy? If you don't know, come to the Teaching Statement Workshop Series. Most academic institutions ask for applicants for an assistant professor position to submit a teaching statement/philosophy. Come find out how to articulate your philosophy in a concise essay. In the first session we will discuss teaching philosophies and what should go in your statement. During the second session we will review each other's statements.

This is a 2-part workshop on on August 15 & 22.
***Please register for both sessions!!!*** Thanks!
http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2730458
http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2730459

Meet the International Graduate Student Advisor at Dartmouth

Meet the International Graduate Student Advisor at Dartmouth on
http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2734199?hs=a

Monday, August 15, from 9.30-10.30 am EDT.

We will meet in a virtual meeting room provided by the web conferencing software BlueJeans.

You will be able to ask any questions that come to mind - from what to pack, to academic life, social life, American culture, or challenges regarding writing and speaking in English.

While you will be seeing me via video stream, your identity will remain anonymous. You will be asked to sign in with a fake name and communicate via chat - like this, there truly are no stupid questions!

Please sign up by Friday, August 12, 9 am EDT.

Space is limited - we only have room for 24 participants. In case you have signed up and cannot participate, please cancel your registration to give people on the waiting list a chance to join us.

Instructions on how to join the virtual meeting will follow once your participation can be confirmed.

First Generation Graduate Students' Lunch

First Generation College Grad Students’ Lunch

53 Commons, The Private Dining Room, Room 204, lunch provided

(First Gen students are those whose parents did not complete
a 4 yr college degree)

Are you the first in your family to go to college? If so, then perhaps navigating graduate school has its share of joys
and challenges.

Come enjoy lunch and talk to other first-generation college graduate students about their experiences.

If you are interested in reading a bit about the research on
First Generation Graduate Students here is an article...

http://www.academia.edu/474522/_Those_invisible_barriers_are_real_The_progression_of_first-generation_students_through_doctoral_education