Ventured north to Lake Morey en route to the Depo in Bradford.  (I try to mix up routes)  Met John Sutton at Depo.

Lake M. was relatively quiet.  3 R-b Gulls.   1 Spotted Sandpiper.  The forest produced my first Rose-br. Grosbeak and Blue-w. Warbler.

As I drove (west side) and approached Lanikila. I drive with windows open.  Camp is in view…heard a rasping, loud “three-eight”.  I have heard this bird in the same spot before.

Hopped out of car….and was treated to fine looks at a Yellow-throated Vireo.  (came back w/ John later).  Bird is right along the road, with boys camp/ Hulbert in sight.

Depo:   Eastern kingbird, Yellow Warblers, Y-r Wa’s, Pine Wa. , Black&Whites, Great Blue, Warbling Vireo, Least Flyc.

I think the flood gates will open this week…. !

Drove into north end of UVD,  Buzzell Rd.  Listening for LoWa.   There is a small water course about 500 yards down from first gate.   They have been here for a # of years.

Its that liquid, slurry song.  Hard bird (fro me) to see…seems rather elusive.    Louisiana Waterthrush.

Happy days !

BiSh

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]