Hey everyone,
I spent about an hour and a half along Mink Brook late this afternoon and while it was slow and quiet in spots, there were plenty of migrants to find, with a majority of the birds within the preserve itself. I ran into Peter Geithner who was leaving the preserve. He told me of a Chestnut-sided Warbler that he had along the brook, and I was able to refind this. The highlight for me though was a stunning Cape May Warbler in gorgeous plumage; forgot they were that bold in spring! A true delight. Other first of the seasons for me were Veery and Ovenbird. The other highlight was finding a couple Nashville Warblers working the vegetation along the brook. Below is a list of the notable birds, all in the preserve unless otherwise noted.
Carolina Wren- 1House Wren- 1Gray Catbird- 1Veery- 2 (1 at the base of the River Trail)Ovenbird- 1Black-and-white Warbler- 2 (a pair)Nashville Warbler- 2Cape May Warbler- 1Northern Parula- 4 (2 at the base of River Trail)Yellow Warbler- 1 Quinn TrailChestnut-sided Warbler- 1Pine Warbler- 2Yellow-rumped WarblerBlack-throated Green Warbler- 1
Cheers,Kyle KittelbergerDartmouth

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]