Vesper Sparrow still present at 9:40 to 9:50. Beautiful eye ring. As Bill said, thanks Chris Rimmer for altering us to this bird!

Mary Waugh

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 8:59 AM
Subject: [UVB] Vesper Sparrow
To: [log in to unmask]

20 degrees. 8:20- 8:30.   I pulled into the Ledyard Bridge RR station (up back by the tracks).  I never got out of my car. Just rolled down the window and watched from the relative comfort of car, without disturbing the Vesper .  Trophy looks !   Even took pics with my iPhone.  12 feet away.

Just “foraging” …the sparrow shuffle/ scratch.   Great eye ring, light color, white chin, white mustache, streaky breast, pink legs.

~10 Co. Mergs sprinkled around the Pompy Flats, water very low.

BiSh

Thanks Chris Rimmer !

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator

CT River Birding Trail

2360 Academy Road

Thetford Center, VT  05075

Home: 802 785-2855

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]: UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]: CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]