[cid:image002.jpg@01D163FE.D441A550]

[BAFTA]

________________________________

Student Opportunity: Aesthetica Short Film Festival 2016 Call for Entries

I hope you are enjoying a successful academic term. I am delighted to announce that the 6th edition of the BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival is now open for entries.

ASFF offers students from around the world the opportunity to enter their films for a chance to screen at a major UK and BAFTA Qualifying short film festival.

Previously, students have been successful from the University of Canberra (Australia), Academy of Media Arts Cologne (Germany), Chapman University (USA), Filmacademy Vienna (Austria), Veritas University (Costa Rica) and many more institutions worldwide.

We would be delighted to showcase Dartmouth College's filmmaking talent in 2016. There is a discount on entries when 10 or more films are submitted. Save £5 (approx. $7) per entry for group submissions.

We do hope that you can share this call for entries with your students and staff, as we would like them to know about this opportunity. Please find some more information below.

Email/ Intranet/ News:

Entries are open for the 6th edition of the BAFTA Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival<http://www.asff.co.uk/submit/>, one of the UK's leading short film festivals and most exciting cinematic events. ASFF supports emerging filmmakers and presents many opportunities for industry engagement.

ASFF also offers a great residential trip for students, presenting 25 masterclasses with leading film organisations such as Vimeo, Association of Camera Operators (Gravity, James Bond), Domino Publishing and many more. The festival provides a fantastic platform for filmmakers looking to reach a wider, international audience and connect with leading industry figures.

ASFF 2016 Prizes:

·         Screenings at BAFTA Qualifying ASFF 2016

·         Awards: Festival Winner, People's Choice and Category Winners

·         Eligibility to enter the EE British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA)

·         Editorial in Aesthetica Magazine and promotion via Aesthetica's online channels (readership 284,000)

Running times up to 30 minutes. All genres accepted. Deadline 31 May 2016. Entry fee is £20 plus VAT. Visit www.asff.co.uk/submit<http://www.asff.co.uk/submit>

Twitter:

Submit your #film to @ASFFest 2016 for a chance to win screenings at a major UK #festival + more. Deadline 31 May www.asff.co.uk/submit<http://www.asff.co.uk/submit>

·         Download images to share this news: www.asff.co.uk/press<http://www.asff.co.uk/press>

·         Download the ASFF 2016 poster: http://aestheti.cc/xk-bj

·         View the ASFF 2015 Highlights Film: http://aestheti.cc/s8b1t

The Film enables you to hear from ASFF filmmakers and get a glimpse into the festival.

We are really excited about ASFF 2016, and hope that you can share the call for entries with your students and staff. If you have any questions, please do get back in touch.

Best wishes

Alexandra

Alexandra Beresford

Marketing Coordinator

Aesthetica Magazine

PO Box 371

York

YO23 1WL

01904 629 137

www.asff.co.uk

Follow @ASFFest<https://twitter.com/ASFFest>

To unsubscribe from the mailing list, please click here<mailto:[log in to unmask](USAUni)>.