Error during command authentication.

Dear Medical Students at Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine,

I am writing to you on behalf of the National Ultrasound Interest Group (NUSIG), a brand new student chapter of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).

NUSIG is unique among student interest groups and national medical societies in that we are an entirely student-run organization dedicated to augmenting knowledge of and practical skills in bedside ultrasound. Our executive team is made up of student leaders from various medical schools across the United States who have experience in starting ultrasound curricula from scratch. We also have a remarkably proactive member base of medical students interested in bringing ultrasound education into formal medical school curricula. As a group, we offer access to resources and advisors from ultrasound programs across the country.

Depending on your goals and your level of institutional support, we can help with various projects, including:
•    Helping your school start an Ultrasound Interest Group
•    Collaborating on multi-site research projects
•    Assisting in creating or providing educational resources to enhance your ultrasound knowledge
•    Providing suggestions on developing an ultrasound curriculum at your institution

There is no cost to join, and benefits include opportunities to collaborate with medical students across the nation in furthering your ultrasound education, access to regional events and conferences. We are looking for medical students of all years to take part in this national initiative. If you have an interest in the National Ultrasound Interest Group, please visit our website at: www.nationalusig.com and fill out the following registration form: http://www.nationalusig.com/#!join/c1d6h. Additionally, please forward this email to any of your fellow classmates whom you feel would be interested in joining.

We would also like to invite you to our first National Ultrasound Symposium dedicated to medical students that will take place on Thursday March 17, 2016, in New York! The day will consist of lectures, learning activities, and a friendly ultrasound competition among medical schools. Please mark your calendars and find out more information here and how to register: http://www.aium.org/cme/events/ann2016/sonoSlam2016.aspx

Thanks for your time. We hope to hear from you and to work with you in the future. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Cindy Chang, MS3
The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Education Chair of National Ultrasound Interest Group

Optional Survey

Since the National Ultrasound Interest Group is a new organization, we are conducting a survey regarding the status of ultrasound resources in medical schools across the country as well as the effectiveness of NUSIG. If you are interested in participating in our study, please follow the link to following https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LOeKZd8WtPXOY8em8O2dkPPK2f-STPaLWnF3tqF6VH4/viewform. The only personal information we will collect from you are your name, email address and medical school that you attend. If you participate in our survey and join NUSIG, you will receive a second survey at the end of the year. Please remember that these surveys are optional and pose minimal to no risk to you. Following the link to the form will be viewed as consent to participate. There is no incentive offered for participation.

To unsubscribe from the GEISEL-EMERG-MED-INTEREST-GRP list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=GEISEL-EMERG-MED-INTEREST-GRP