An adult redtail has been perched, fully exposed, on a stout red oak limb over my upper pasture since eight this morning. It’s a bit too far away to see whether its crop is distended. I suspect it’s eyeing (or digesting) the gray squirrels and chipmunks that cross the pasture en route to the bird feeders.

When corresponding directly with me, please, use my new address: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thank you.