What I can propose would be to write a macro to index these items. Do you have a ready list of the names of all the Bible abbreviations that you are using? (Ps for Psalms, etc.) Do you want them to appear in the index in abbreviated form? Or with the full form? If you have such a list you can send it to me directly (rather than to the list here) and I can see if I can write such a macro for you.

best
Philip

On 2015 Oct 22, at 17:27, takamitsu Muraoka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Philip,

I'm afraid I've got stuck. Your formula does work wonderfully in finding all the references to the book of Psalms. But when I use that formula in my word list and try to make an index by applying this word list, no reference to Psalms gets highlighted in the text nor included in the index thus produced. What can be done, I wonder?

Best,

Takamitsu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: takamitsu Muraoka <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 22 October 2015 at 16:11
Subject: Re: Indexing
To: Nisus <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Philip,

It works. Super!
Very many thanks,

It saves me a hell of time.

Yours,

Takamitsu

Takamitsu MURAOKA
村岡崇光

On 22 October 2015 at 14:57, spaelti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello Takamitsu,
you have to use the repeat symbol. Look in the “Repeat” submenu and you will see “1+”
So your expression has to be:

Ps [any digit][1+].[any digit][1+]

I hope this is clear enough.
best
Philip

On 2015 Oct 22, at 14:40, takamitsu muraoka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear friends,

I have, after all, another question to put to you. The biggest of the five indices is that which lists all the places of the Bible which are mentioned in the document. For instance, Psalms chapter 5, verse 2 is referred to as "Ps 5.2." In order to make this index a list of the biblical books just mentioning their abbreviated titles wouldn't be enough. In order to have chapter and verse number included in the index, under the Find command I would use "any digit" as a wild card. Then with "Ps digit.digit" the reference to Ps 5.2 would be picked up for the index. But there is a snag; it so happens that the book of Psalms has 152 chapters or psalms and one psalm contains 172 verses. So I would need to write 9 formulas (3 x 3). Does anyone know to overcome this nuisance by writing something with only one symbol for chapter and also one symbol for verse, so Ps X.Y? The Bible has about 60 books!

Best wishes,

Takamitsu Muraoka

Philip Spaelti

Philip Spaelti