Thank you Philip for sharing your thoughts. To use NWP 2.1.2 I need to
update my OS yet.

Yes, my NWP is set to autosaving every 15 minutes.

In any case my publisher has offered to make an index of authors; the
others must be made manually by myself. So this problem is, for now, off my
hands.

Best wishes,

Takamitsu

Takamitsu MURAOKA