Is this perhaps an “Autosave” issue. If you have set Nisus to save often, perhaps you can set it to save less often or turn it off.
With newer versions of the MacOS, the OS has a built-in autosave, and for those you might need to update to 2.1.2. to get that to stop. But with your OS this may not be the Apple autosave…
Philip