On 2015 Jul 2, at 17:13, Tami Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

How companies like http://www.bakesmart.net/ sell FileMaker apps using _monthly_ pricing.

Do you know how its done?  Is it just on the trust system?  Like FileMaker annual licensing where FileMaker just trusts that if someone hasn't paid for a new year they're no longer using the software?

Do they just trust that if the monthly payment hasn't come in, the software is no longer being used?

I'm also going to ask this question on the FileMaker list.

And probably contact http://www.bakesmart.net/ too.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

I have no idea how it DOES work, but I can totally guarantee you what it’s NOT: It’s not “Oh, we’ll just trust you."

Richard S. Russell
2642 Kendall Av. #2, Madison  WI  53705-3736
http://richardsrussell.livejournal.com/

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made Prime Minister should on no account be allowed to do the job.

— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy