Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for a wonderful concert last night in Newport.  Several audience members spoke to me afterwards, saying that they loved it, and quite a few band members heard positive remarks as well.

Before I go on, I want to apologize for being late.  I could bore you with the details, but it wouldn't change the fact that I was late, you couldn't get your hands on the music, and that made it tough for you to feel ready to go.  I detest being late to anything...I'm the sort that usually arrives somewhere 10-15 minutes early and then sits in my car waiting for the time to be right.  So, please accept my apology, and know that I didn't feel good about it, either.

And another round of thanks goes out to those of you who rearranged your family plans so you could play with us, to Marge, Elisa and Peggy who recruited three wonderful additions (Doug, Kevin and Crystal) to our ensemble.  I wish there was some way I could let you know how much I not only appreciate your efforts, but admire them as well.

So....

We meet again next Monday at Colburn Park in Lebanon (what folks call "the green").  I still have the music and I PROMISE I will be there in plenty of time!!!

With only a few (!) concerts left, if there are any selections you'd like Cindy and I to include in our planning, please let us know.  We've had requests for Happy, Colonel Bogey and the British Eighth so far.  There's room for plenty more!

You'll be receiving a doodle poll very soon regarding next week's performances.  Please respond asap so Cindy and I can plan the concerts.  Also, I know we're without tubas, Tim and Mary (I think!) for all performances next week.  I've asked Crystal to join us on tuba, and she's checking her schedule, but again, spread the word!

Thanks again, everyone...

Enjoy your week,

bec