When I got to the Chimney Swift roost at Kimball Union Academy tonight, 40
minutes before sunset, there were already swifts entering.  While I watched
 a total of 50 more swifts enter the roost.    I was surprised that they
had gotten to the roost early on a fairly sunny evening with no wind.

Susan Hardy