Actually, that script step did exist in .fp5. Unfortunately, we didn't have the other window steps, from which you could determine the user's screen dimensions and thus center the displayed window within it, until 7. Still, Richard's idea should help, if my memory serves.

Geoff's suggestion rings no bell here, but it certainly sounds like a typical trick.

John Weinshel

From: Geoff Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 20:35:51 +0000
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Window Placement FM Server 5.5

Richard I don’t think you had that command in 5.5. They used to have several layouts with different sized graphics just so they could use the ‘size to content’ command.

But this is in my memory:

Open the file locally with full access (no server) on both platforms. Make the window the way you want it, and then go into define fields. You don’t actually have to define a field, but you have to do enough to make FileMaker save the window info into the file.

Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Geoff