Aside from a fine morning birding, I happened to be at home this afternoon
and looked out the window at the feeder scene.

                And to my wondering eyes I did see.the Northern Flicker
turned into a Red-bellied Woodpecker. Female. She fed on the ground almost
long enough for me to get my camera.   Had a male last year.   So do I miss
them on a regular basis or did I just get super lucky ?   What we miss when
we aren't home.

Birded w/ JoSu today at Bradford Depot.

My first Least Flycatcher, Co.Yellowthroat, Am. Redstarts, Ea. Kingbird,
White-cr. Sparrows (like everyone else), and Gray Catbird.

Nice No. Waterthrush at Kendal Station.

BS

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator