We are delighted to invite Dartmouth to participate in the 2015 BAFTA US Student Film Awards.

Our Student Film Awards are a unique opportunity for student filmmakers to present their work to an esteemed and influential international academy audience.

In order to enter, please provide up to three short films you feel best represent the work of your institution.  To be eligible for this year’s award, films must be:

Completed no earlier than January 2014
Directed by a film student at your institution
No longer than 25 minutes

Please note – we do not accept direct submissions from students but ask that the faculty at each school select their best films for submission.

If there is a more appropriate faculty contact for this email, please feel free to forward it to them.

We accept films in any category – narrative, documentary, animation, experimental – and will assess them on their individual merit. A full list of rules are attached to this email.

Please fill out the attached submissions form in order to participate.

The submissions will be viewed and judged by a select committee of BAFTA Los Angeles representatives.  In June 2015 in Los Angeles (date and time TBD), the finalists will be invited to a screening of their films, where Voting Members of BAFTA will select the winner(s). BAFTA Los Angeles will provide a travel stipend for any finalist students from schools outside Southern California.

The winner(s) will receive the recognition of our Academy as well as one year’s access to our program of events, including private screenings, Q&A’s, receptions, seminars and other exclusive networking events.  The British Academy offers opportunities for the winning film and finalists to be screened in the UK, with the filmmakers’ permission.

All submissions must be received by Thursday April 16th 2015.  Submissions must be made available via an online portal that does not require membership or the setting up of an account. Vimeo or YouTube are preferred and password protection is permitted.

Only one film can be presented for consideration on behalf of any chosen director.  All submissions must be made by the school on behalf of the student.

Any questions and all submissions can be directed to Ciaran Toner by replying to this email.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!
_________________________

Ciaran Toner
British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles
Office Production Manager
8469 Melrose Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Tel: (323) 658-6590
Fax: (323) 658-6595

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

To unsubscribe from the FILM-AND-MEDIA-STUDIES list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=FILM-AND-MEDIA-STUDIES